Pete built this highly detailed 1/6 scale Revell 426 Hemi Engine, and in the process corrected and enhanced many of the details. He added many miniature nuts/bolts/washers, fuel lines, throttle linkage return spring, and also scale vacuum tubing. Pete even went as far as hollowing out the alternator housing, and installing its internal stator wound out of copper wire.
HO scale (1:87) 1955 Ford Crown Vic Skyliner
Kit by Williams Brothers (out of production).
All the kit parts were molded in transparent (clear) Polystyrene, so basically I had to mask and paint everything that is not "glass." Paint used were Floquil and Accu-Paints (both out of production). Bare Metal Foil was used for all the chrome trim. The transparent roof section is painted with Tamiya transparent green. Door handles were made from stainless steel wire. Door, hood, and trunk gaps were lightly outlined using a pencil. Headlights are MV Products lenses.
Protar (also repackaged as Revell) kit of Mercedes Banz S600. Curbside kit. Painted using Mercedes Touch-up paint. Silver trim is Bare Metal Foil. Added seat belts and metal transfer logos. Scratchbuilt reflectors behind headlight and taillight lenses. Also added directional lenses on the door mirrors. Added scale license plates.
This is a 1:43 scale 289 Cobra from the Monogram Ultimtes series. Only two models were produced in this series. This one and a '67 Corvette.
Ultimates were very good model kits. They included soft vinyl tires and a fret of photoetched parts. While the stock kit is very good, I added numerous scratchbuilt items. The blue metallic paint is a nail-polish color. The "skunk stripes" were included as decals, but I decided to mask and paint them instead of using decals.
This is a 1:43 scale kit of the 1967 Corvette convertible. It was the second model in the Monogram Ultimates series (and a companion to the 289 Cobra model).
The kit included soft vinyl tires and a fret of photoetched parts. While the stock kit is nicely detailed, I added numerous details to enhance it further. Items such as front suspension wire coil springs, spark plug wires, radiator hoses and clamps, brake lines, clear red taillights and backup light, clear amber front directionals, and parking brake lever. I also added a stainless steel wire antenna. The door handles were molded solid. I opened up the space between the handle and the body using a small dental burr. Body is painted using Testors enamel metallic purple with the top painted using AccuPaint white.